Globally we throw away about 1.6 billion tons or 1/3 of all the food we produce. At Lumitics, we believe that we’re called to be guardians and good stewards of what has been given to us – Mother Earth. That is why we are passionate about helping kitchens leverage on technology to reduce their food waste, cost and environmental footprint. We need to save today to save tomorrow.
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated software engineer who wishes to work on meaningful products for good and take Lumitics to the next level.
A Software Engineer is responsible for using their knowledge of programming languages to code websites and web applications that align with user needs. Their duties include designing, coding and testing software to ensure functionality, optimizing websites for different formats like desktops and mobile phones and updating software programs to refine components like cybersecurity measures and data storage capacities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with management, departments and customers to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Design, test and develop the software to meet client’s needs
- Develop separate elements of software that integrates well into the program as a whole
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Create various diagrams, flowcharts and models that illustrate the type of code needed for programmers
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Producing, maintaining and modifying websites and user interfaces
Skills And Qualifications
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team
- Knowledge in Git, Node, React and MySQL
- 1-2 years of experience as a web developer
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org