Globally we throw away about 1.6 billion tons or 1/3 of all the food we produce. At Lumitics, we believe that we’re called to be guardians and good stewards of what has been given to us – Mother Earth. That is why we are passionate about helping kitchens leverage on technology to reduce their food waste, cost and environmental footprint. We need to save today to save tomorrow.
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated hardware technician who wishes to work on meaningful products for good and take Lumitics to the next level.
A Hardware Technician is responsible for helping assemble and prepare products for shipment as well as completing repairs on equipment. Their duties include designing product blueprints using CAD programs, overseeing and helping the manufacturing process for products, packaging finished products and organizing them for shipments and completing checks on equipment and products to ensure quality production.
This role comes with a starting salary of $2,200 – $2,700 with generous leave benefits, flexible working hours and working arrangements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Use Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs to create product concepts
- Oversee the manufacturing and production process to set standards
- Assemble and prepare goods for shipment
- Complete quality assurance testing on goods and products
- Maintain proper storage for material and product inventory in warehouses
- Ensure operational efficiency of electrical equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair
- Coordinating transportation providers to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments
Skills And Qualifications
- Writing skills to develop technical publications, including design methods documents, product proposals, parts lists, operation manuals and maintenance manuals related to the equipment they create
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Familiarity in drafting and understanding blueprints and schematics
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to safely use common power and hand tools
- Knowledge in basic python programming and linux will be an advantage
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org