Globally we throw away about 1.6 billion tons or 1/3 of all the food we produce. At Lumitics, we believe that we’re called to be guardians and good stewards of what has been given to us – Mother Earth. That is why we are passionate about helping kitchens leverage on technology to reduce their food waste, cost and environmental footprint. We need to save today to save tomorrow.
We are looking for a driven, self-motivated computer vision engineer who wishes to work on meaningful products for good and take Lumitics to the next level.
A Computer Vision Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining Lumitics’ food waste image recognition system. Their duties include researching to design, build and optimise the image recognition system using different computer vision techniques and to monitor and maintain the system to ensure a high prediction accuracy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research, design, build, evaluate, and deploy computer vision applications (classification/detection) of deep learning models for food waste detection.
- Training and fine-tuning models to address business problems.
- Develop image processing pipeline and model evaluation tools to be used for model training, data analysis and visualization.
- Work closely with the software and client success teams to manage deployment/retraining of models
- Be able to communicate to the management team the theoretical concepts and approaches used, implementation plan and timeline
- Must keep up to date with the latest computer vision and machine learnings related research and techniques
Skills And Qualifications
- Education level: PhD/Masters or bachelor’s degree relevant to computer science, statistics, or fields related to Machine learning and computer vision
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with TensorFlow/Keras or any other relevant deep learning libraries
- Thorough knowledge in Python, OpenCV, Numpy, Matplotlib
- Have hands-on experience in implementing CNNs/GANs/FasterRCNN models
- Knowledge in git, docker, google cloud platform (or any other platform)
- Knowledge of few-shot learning/representation learning will be a plus
- Team player
- Fast learner
- Takes initiative
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org